Official Name: Sri Lanka
Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, Colombo
Sri Lankan rupee
- Consultation (in person, online, phone)
- Helping to prepare your documents
- Start to finish your company registration process
- Immigration services
Sri Lanka is located between the waters of the Indian Ocean in South Asia, in the south of India. The commercial capital and largest city of Colombo is the political capital of Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte. Sri Lanka was originally a British colony. The people of Sri Lanka speak Sinhala and Tamil and their currency is the Sri Lankan rupee. Products such as tea, coffee, rubber and coconut are important products of Sri Lanka and also natural materials such as graphite, silica, kaolin, ilmenite are found in abundance. An important part of Sri Lanka’s economy is through agriculture. In the western and southern parts, the climate is hot and humid, and in the northern and eastern parts, the weather is hot and dry
Sri Lanka follows the system of free economy and exports are one of the main pillars of its economy and exports its products to Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands and France. The next pillar that is very effective in the Sri Lankan economy is the tourism industry, which ranks fourth in the world in terms of income through tourism. Sri Lanka hosts many foreign tourists from all over the world every year with its many forests and green areas and thousands of years of civilization.
What are the ways to obtain a residence visa in Sri Lanka?
Investment, property purchase, work visa, continuing education, marriage, etc.
If a child is born in Sri Lanka, can he / she become a citizen of this country?
The birth system in this country is subject to the blood law. If the parents have permanent residence in this country at the time of the child’s birth, the child can acquire the citizenship of this country.
Is it possible to get Sri Lankan residence by buying a property?
Purchasing a property does not guarantee that you will receive a residence permit in Sri Lanka. However, anyone who spends more than $ 2,500,000 (dollars) of their capital to buy a property in Sri Lanka can obtain a residence visa through the guest accommodation program.
How long does it take to register a company in Sri Lanka?
The benefits of company registration in
- Ease of buying and selling stocks in the Sri Lankan stock market
- Access to the Indian and Asian markets
- Trained and cheap labor
- The activities of global companies such as Microsoft and Packard and many others in Sri Lanka
- Cheap investment through entrepreneurship
- Access strategies to key markets in the world
- Strong booming economy
- Attractive business environment and government policy
- Modern infrastructure
- Supporting foreign investment
- Quality of Life
The disadvantage of company registration in
- Foreigners are not allowed to own land by buying property.
- It is not possible to obtain permanent residency if you invest less than $ 250,000.
- Motor vehicles are very expensive.
- It is not possible to obtain Sri Lankan citizenship even with large investment amounts.
Type of company registration
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Sole Proprietorship
- Partnership Company
- Public Limited Company (PLC)
- Offshore Company
Business Opportunities in Sri Lanka
- Agriculture Due to the huge dependence of the Sri Lankan economy on agricultural exports
- Low cost gardening and high income generation
- Phone repairs due to the needs of the market and the large population of phone applicants
- Exports and imports which is one of the most important companies in Sri Lanka
- IT is one of the most attractive sectors for investment
- Real estates
- Tourism due to Sri Lanka becoming a major destination for foreign tourists
The company registration process
- Submit a company registration application
- Register a name to participate in the website of the company registration office (www.drc.gov.lk) and obtain confirmation of the company name
- Completion of forms 1, 18, 19
- Preparation and regulation of the company’s articles of association and specifying the type of company, names of shareholders and amount of shares, names of company managers, company address
- Open a current account of the company and transfer the required capital of the company
- Announcement of registration of participation in the widely circulated newspapers of Sri Lanka
- Register a company with the tax office and obtain a tax identification number (TIN)
- Preparing the company stamp and notifying the Companies Registration Office