Official Name: The Republic of Peru
Nuevo Sol (PEN)
- Consultation (in person, online, phone)
- Helping to prepare your documents
- Start to finish your company registration process
- Immigration services
Peru is located in the South American region with an area of 1,285,000 square kilometers and a population of 30 million. Peru is ranked 48th in the world in terms of economy, and the World Bank has declared its income above the average. Peru was one of the fastest growing economies in 2011.
According to available economic statistics, a percentage of people are still below the poverty line. Unemployment in Peru has been steadily changing. Peru has achieved good growth in the mining, export and investment sectors with free trade agreements with other countries.
How long does it take to register a company in Peru?
What is the minimum capital required to register a company?
$ 1 USD
What is the corporate income tax?
What is the added value of goods to sell the company’s products in the country?
Must have a director or company representative based in Peru?
Yes. Must be a director or company representative based in Peru.
What is the validity of having Peru citizenship and passport in the world?
With this country’s passport, you can travel to 139 countries without a visa.
What is the position of Peru in the world in terms of natural resources?
- The first and largest producer of silver in the world
- The second largest producer of zinc in the world
- Third place in copper and tin production in the world
- Ranked fourth in the world in lead production
Do I need a business plan to obtain a Peru investment visa?
Having a business plan is a privilege for obtaining a visa, but it is not mandatory.
Is it possible to become a citizen of Peru through the birth of a child?
Born in Peru is associated with citizenship. But in some cases, citizenship can be acquired through birth, provided that the financial situation of the parents is in good condition, and in other cases it is done through blood.
The benefits of company registration in Peru
- To register a company, a shareholder and a director are enough to start your business.
- Low government costs of registering a company in Peru
- Peruvian companies enjoy import exemptions with a number of countries.
- All companies that manufacture or assemble in Peru’s free trade zones are subject to tax exemptions, VAT exemptions and customs exemptions for the import of machinery and raw materials.
The disadvantage of company registration in Peru
- At least one shareholder must be from Peru.
- 30% corporate income tax.
- Peru ranks weak in the free economy ranking and 75th in the ranking of freedom in investment and financial transfer.
- Peru ranks poorly based on company registration process, costs, required company capital and international transparency.
- Extensive sales of cocaine by drug groups and cartels.
Type of company registration
- Closely Corporations (S.A.C.)
(Sociedad Anónima Cerrada or S.A.C)
- Public Corporations (S.A.A.)
(Sociedad Anónima Abierta)
- Joint-Stock Company (S.A.)
(Sociedad Anónima or S.A)
- Limited Liability Companies (S.R.L.)
(Sociedad Comercial de Responsabilidad Limitada)
- Foreign Branches
The company registration process
- Submit a company registration application
- Specify 3 names for the company and get the approval of one name
- Preparation and adjustment of the company’s articles of association (approved name of the company, type of company, desired activities of the company, names of shareholders and amount of shares, names of directors, company address)
- Company registration in the company registration office
- Opening a bank account and depositing company shares
- Preparation of company seal
- Registration of the company in the tax office and obtaining the tax code
- Registration of the company file in the Social Affairs Department
Company Registration in trademark of Peru