Official Name: The Republic of Côte d’Ivoire
West African CFA franc (XOF)
- Consultation (in person, online, phone)
- Helping to prepare your documents
- Start to finish your company registration process
- Immigration services
Ivory Coast, officially known as the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, is a country located in West Africa. It has a rich history, diverse culture, growing economy, and a complex political landscape. From ancient empires to colonization, independence, and post-colonial challenges, Ivory Coast’s historical journey has influenced its identity and shaped its present realities.
The history of Ivory Coast dates back to ancient times when it was inhabited by various ethnic groups, including the Akan, Krou, and Gour. The region witnessed the rise and fall of powerful kingdoms and empires, such as the Ashanti Empire and the Kingdom of Sanwi. European colonization began in the late 19th century, with Ivory Coast becoming part of French West Africa. Ivory Coast gained independence from France on August 7, 1960.
Ivorian culture is diverse and reflects the ethnic plurality of its population. The country is home to over 60 ethnic groups, each with its own languages, traditions, and customs. The Baoulé, Bété, Sénoufo, and Malinké are among the major ethnic groups. Music, dance, and storytelling play a central role in Ivorian culture, with vibrant rhythms and energetic dance movements. The country is also known for its artistic craftsmanship, including wood carving, pottery, and traditional cloth weaving.
The economy of Ivory Coast is one of the largest in West Africa and is primarily based on agriculture. The country is a leading producer and exporter of cocoa, coffee, and palm oil. Ivory Coast also has significant resources in other sectors, including mining, energy, and manufacturing. The government has implemented economic reforms to attract foreign investment, diversify the economy, and promote private sector development. However, challenges such as income inequality, youth unemployment, and infrastructure development remain.
Politically, Ivory Coast is a presidential republic with a multi-party system. The country has witnessed periods of political stability as well as challenges, including a civil war in 2002 and a post-election crisis in 2010-2011. However, efforts have been made to restore peace and stability, including successful democratic elections and transitional justice initiatives. Ivory Coast actively participates in regional and international organizations, such as the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and the African Union.
As Ivory Coast looks to the future, it faces challenges related to sustainable development, social cohesion, and political inclusiveness. The government is working towards poverty reduction, improving education and healthcare services, and promoting economic diversification. Investments in infrastructure, agriculture, and renewable energy are being prioritized to support inclusive growth. Ivory Coast also aims to strengthen its regional integration efforts and promote peace and stability in the sub-region.
The history, culture, economy, and politics of Ivory Coast contribute to its unique character. While challenges exist, the country’s cultural diversity, natural resources, and resilient population provide a foundation for Ivory Coast’s aspirations to achieve stability, economic prosperity, and social progress. Ivory Coast’s commitment to democratic governance, regional cooperation, and sustainable development positions it as a key player in the West African region and a country with potential for continued growth and positive change.
How long does it take to register a company in Ivory Coast?
How much does it cost to start a company in Ivory Coast?
About 22,000 US dollars
What is the minimum capital to register a company?
2000 US dollars
Do we need to physically rent an office to register a company?
Should the company director travel to Ivory Coast to complete the process?
What is the corporate income tax?
How much is the value added tax (VAT) on goods in Ivory Coast?
What is the best type of company that can provide all kinds of services?
Limited liability Company (SARL)
What are the ways to immigrate to Ivory Coast?
Study, work visa, company registration, entrepreneurship, marriage, property purchase, etc.
The benefit of company registration in Ivory Coast
- The company registration process has become much easier for foreigners
- Foreign investment projects under $ 1.7 million do not require Ivory Coast government approval. It is enough to inform the government.
- Urgent coastline of 20 million people make up the eighth largest market in South Africa.
- Use facilities and amenities faster than others
- The second largest port in Africa is located in Abidjan
- Low shipping costs to enter global markets
- Tax exemptions for at least 8 years and can be extended up to 15 years
The disadvantage of company registration in Ivory Coast
- Ivory Coast boycott by the United Nations and failure to encourage foreign investors
- The official language of Ivory Coast is French and all company documents must be translated into French.
- 25% tax on foreign companies
- Lack of literate professional staff in Ivory Coast
Type of company registration
Limited Liability Company (SARL)
Limited Company (SA)
Limited Partnership (SCS)
The company registration process
- Choose a company name
- Preparation of the company’s articles of association with all information includes name, type of company, shareholders, directors, address and phone number
- Open bank account and transfer the company capital
- Register company
- Registration with the tax office