Official Name: The Republic of the Gambia
English, Mandinka, Fula, Wolof, Serer, Jola
- Consultation (in person, online, phone)
- Helping to prepare your documents
- Start to finish your company registration process
- Immigration services
Gambia, with a population of 2.5 million and an area of 11,295 square kilometers, is located in West Africa. This English-speaking country is one of the smallest countries on the African continent.
The Gambia’s economy is based on agriculture, animal husbandry, fishing and tourism. About one-third of the country’s population lives below the poverty line, earning $ 1.25 a day.
Peanut products, tuna, hides, soft drinks, the collection and packaging of agricultural products, the wood industry, clothing and metalworking industries are among Gambia’s industrial products. On the other hand, diamonds, laterite and building stones are among the mineral resources of Gambia.
About 90% of Gambia’s agricultural products include peanuts, which is one of the most important and key export products. The United States, Senegal, Belgium, Ireland, Spain, Britain, the Netherlands, France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Portugal are among the Gambia’s most important partners.
The transport structure in Gambia is so weak that there is no railway in Gambia and there is a large airport, a fishing port, 2700 km of main road and 400 km of waterway.
What is the best type of company to operate?
Company limited by warranty (LBG)
How much is a corporate tax in Gambia?
How much is VAT in Gambia?
How much does it cost to register a company in Gambia?
$ 9000 USD
What is the minimum capital required to register a company?
$ 10000 USD
Do company executives should travel to Gambia to complete the company registration?
How long does it take to register a company?
Is it necessary to have an office physically to register a company?
The benefit of company registration in Gambia
- The official language of the Gambian people is English so investors will have no problem communicating in Gambia.
- Company registration can be done with one shareholder and one manager of any nationality.
- The manager and shareholders will not need to travel to the Gambia to register the company and complete the process.
- Cheap Manpower Fluent in English, Arabic and French
The disadvantage of company registration in Gambia
- One of the poorest countries in the world
- Extremely illiterate population
- The existence of only one airport in Gambia and the lack of a transport line in this country are problematic.
- Low population and poor people are the reasons that do not provide a good market for foreign companies.
Type of company registration
Public Limited Company
Private Limited Company
UC – Unlimited Liability Company
LBG company – Company limited by warranty
SP – Individual entrepreneurship
The company registration process
- Submit a company registration application
- Determine the company name and receive name confirmation
- Preparation of company articles of association, including company name, type of activity, name of shareholders and amount of shareholders, names of managers, address and telephone number of the company
- Opening a bank account and depositing the company’s capital
- Registration of the company and publication of advertisements to start working in the domestic newspapers of the country
- Complete the file in the tax office and receive the tax code
- Preparation of company seals and letterheads
- Completing the file in the Social Security Organization