Official name: The Republic of Cameroon
Central African CFA franc (XAF)
- Consultation (in person, online, phone)
- Helping to prepare your documents
- Start to finish your company registration process
- Immigration services
Cameroon is located in central Africa with a population of about 24 million people who speak English and French.
It borders Central Africa to the east, Gabon, the Republic of the Congo and Equatorial Guinea to the south, and Nigeria to the west. Cameroon is a country where 200 different groups and ethnicities live together. The country has become world famous in recent decades for its football team.
Cameron had been inhabited by Africans for many years, but in 1884 Germany colonized it. After World War II and the defeat of Germany in the war, Cameroon was divided between Britain and France. Cameroon has an area of 475,442 square kilometers with a tropical climate and a hot and rainy beach.
Companies or foreign investors can easily have branding by registering a company, and of course, the conditions for opening a bank account will be provided to you.
Its exports include crude oil and petrochemicals, lumber, cocoa beans, aluminum, coffee and cotton, which are exported to Spain, Italy, France, South Korea, the Netherlands, the United States and Belgium.
Imports include machinery, electronics, transportation, fuel and foodstuffs from France, Nigeria, China, Belgium and the United States.
How long does it take to register a company in Cameroon?
At least 5 working weeks
How much does it cost to start a company in Cameroon?
About 15,000 US dollars
What is the minimum capital to register a company?
1900 US dollars
Do we need to physically rent an office to register a company?
Should the company director be based in Cameroon?
What is the corporate income tax?
How much is the value added tax (VAT) on goods in Cameroon?
What is the best type of company that can provide all kinds of services?
Limited liability Company
What are the ways to immigrate to Cameroon?
Study, work visa, company registration, entrepreneurship, marriage, property purchase, etc.
How to get Cameroon citizenship and passport?
If you have lived in Cameroon for at least 5 years and paid for insurance and can speak the language of this country and can help the economic growth of Cameroon, you can apply for citizenship and obtain a passport of this country.
Is it possible to obtain permanent residence in Cameroon after the birth of a child?
The laws of African countries are subject to blood, but it has sometimes been observed that children born in Cameroon are subject to the condition that their parents have lived in Cameroon for several years and have paid for insurance.
The benefit of company registration in Cameroon
- Company registration with a shareholder and a director
- Minimum required capital $ 1700
- You do not need to be in Cameroon to register a company and complete the documents.
- English and French are the official languages of Cameroon, so investors’ communication with employees and officials is easy.
- Cameroon is the sixth largest oil and gas producer in Africa and one of the most attractive countries for investors.
- Cameroon’s economy is stable compared to neighboring countries, and investing in this country is safer than other neighboring countries.
- Eighty-six percent of Cameroonians are literate
- Employee salaries are very low and investors can use skilled and cheap manpower.
The disadvantage of company registration in Cameroon
- High corporate income tax 33%
- Tax reduction agreement with 8 countries (Chad, Canada, France, Tunisia, Gabon, Central African, Republic of Congo and Equatorial Guinea)
- High ranking of corruption in the country (ranked 153 out of 180 countries)
Type of company registration
Private Limited Company (Ltd)
Public Limited Company (PLC)
The company registration process
- Apply for registration of company in Cameron
- Specify multiple names and get a confirmation for one name
- Preparation the company’s articles of association with the details: The approved name, names of shareholders and amount of shares, names of directors, determination of the type of company, goals of the company, address and telephone number of the company.
- Preparing all shareholders and directors passports
- Complete company registration forms
- Company registration in the registry office
- Opening a bank account for the company and transferring the company’s capital to the bank account
- Preparation of company seals and unique logos
- Registration of the company in the tax office and obtaining an exclusive code for the company
- Registration of company in the Social Security Office for personnel