Official Name: The Republic of Botswana
- Consultation (in person, online, phone)
- Helping to prepare your documents
- Start to finish your company registration process
- Immigration services
Botswana is located in the southern part of Africa with an area of 600,370 square kilometers and a population of about 2 million people. More than 84% of the country is covered by the scorching desert. Unemployment rate of 8%, inflation of 2.7% and GDP growth of 18% indicate the good economic situation of Botswana. Botswana’s exports include diamonds, copper, nickel, meat and textiles, which are exported to EU member states (87%), South Africa (7%) and Zimbabwe (4%) while, imports include food, machinery, electronics, transportation equipment, textiles, fuel and petrochemicals, wood and paper, iron and metal products, from South Africa (74%), the European Free Trade Association (17%). ) and Zimbabwe (4%).
What is the best type of company to operate?
Limited Liability Company (LLC)
What is the minimum capital required to register a company?
How much does it cost to set up a limited liability company?
$ 125,500 USD
What are the conditions for obtaining permanent residence in Botswana?
After 5 years of residence in Botswana, you can apply for permanent residence.
What is the minimum capital to receive residency through investment and how long does it take?
The minimum required capital is $ 92,000 and it takes one to three months.
How long does it take to register a company in Botswana?
At least 2 months.
What is the corporate income tax in Botswana?
It varies depending on the type of company. For limited liability companies it is 22%.
How much is VAT?
Is it possible to participate in government contracts by registering a limited liability company?
The benefit of company registration in Botswana
- One manager and one shareholder are sufficient to register a company.
- There are no restrictions on foreign investment.
- No minimum capital limit for company registration
- Membership in the World Trade Organization and enjoy its benefits
- Diamond trade with more than 30 million carats per year
- The 30th free economy in the world
- Rank 63 out of 137 countries in the world for free competition
- A peaceful nation since its independence
- The least corrupt country in Africa
- Highest independent credit rating
- The second free economy in Africa
- It has one of the fastest growing per capita incomes in the world.
- According to the South African Development Association (SADC), Botswana provides access to a market of 230 million people.
- Free access to Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa and Swaziland.
- Free and quota-free access to the EU market (EU).
- Most of the workforce speak English and the literacy rate is 82%.
No labor stress.
- There is no foreign exchange control or restriction on foreign ownership.
- Low tax, 15% corporate tax and 25% personal income tax
Botswana allows full refunds and dividends.
- Toll-free import solutions for machinery and equipment for manufacturing activities.
The disadvantage of company registration in Botswana
- Registering a company in Botswana is time consuming. It takes about 2 months.
- Income tax for limited liability companies is 22% and 10% VAT is calculated on products.
- Foreign companies are not allowed to operate in all sectors of the economy.
- Power outages and poor internet are among the companies’ problems.
- Problems in trade with neighboring countries, obtaining construction permits and electricity licenses are among the problems of manufacturing companies.
- The country’s population of 2.3 million people with a literacy rate of 90% has made it very difficult for companies to access simple labor.
Type of company registration
- limited liability company (LLC)
- Public limited company (PLC)
- Offshore company (IFSC company)
- Foreign branch
- Representative office
The company registration process
- Submit a company registration application
- Determining the name of the company and the type of activity
- Preparation and adjustment of the company’s articles of association, including name, type of activity, managers and shareholders, and amount of shares, address
- Company registration in the Companies Registration Office
- Preparation of seals and administrative offices of the company
- File a tax return for the company
- Forming a social security file for workers and company personnel