Official Name: The Republic of Chad
Central African CFA franc (XAF)
- Consultation (in person, online, phone)
- Helping to prepare your documents
- Start to finish your company registration process
- Immigration services
With an area of 1,284,000 km and a population of about 16 million, Chad is one of the poorest countries in Central Africa, bordered by Libya to the north, Sudan to the east, Central Africa to the south, Cameroon and Nigeria to the southwest, and The West borders Niger.
Much of the country is covered by desert and is known as the dead heart of Africa because of its arid climate.
Severe droughts are a major cause of poverty and backwardness. Most people live in Lake Chad, where salt is extracted from the lake.
Eighty percent of Chadians live below the poverty line and work in agriculture.
Chad’s exports include cotton, livestock and oil, most of which are exported to the United States, China and South Korea. Its imports also include transportation machinery and equipment, industrial products, foodstuffs and textiles.
How long does it take to register a company in Chad?
How much does it cost to start a company in Chad?
About $ 27,000
What is the minimum capital required to register a company?
Do I need to introduce a physical office to register a company?
Yes. Physical office required.
Do directories have to be in Chad?
What is the corporate income tax?
How much is the VAT on goods?
The best company that can do all kinds of activities?
Limited Liability Company
The benefit of company registration in Chad
- Company registration with a shareholder and a director
- Low required capital
- You do not need to travel to Chad to register a company and open a bank account.
- Foreign companies are exempt from paying taxes for up to 3 years
- Chad political stability and emphasis on the country’s economic progress
The disadvantage of company registration in Chad
- Registering a company in Chad is time consuming and complicated.
- You will need a lot of licenses to get started, which is time-consuming, costly, and expensive to pay a bribe.
- Widespread corruption and government bureaucracy
- To start operating in Chad, foreign companies must have an office lease agreement or show ownership to the government.
- The official language of Chad is French, so all documents must be translated into French.
- Investor communication to communicate with government officials and employees
It will be difficult.
- Electricity facilities for foreign companies are very time consuming and expensive.
- Chad is the fifth most difficult country in the world to start a business.
- Chad will not be a good market for selling products because 80% of the people are below the poverty line and the GDP is very low.
- High bank loan interest – 25%
- Very high income tax – 35%
- Customs duty reduction agreement with 5 African countries
- The second poorest country in the world
Type of company registration
Limited Liability Company (SPRL)
Public Limited Company (SA)
Trading Company (SPRL)
Representative Office (Bureau de Representation)
Foreign Branch (Succursale)
The company registration process
- Submit a company registration application
- Determine the suggested names and specify the type of activity
- Preparation and adjustment of the company’s articles of association, including the name, type of activity, names of shareholders and amount of shares, names of directors, address and telephone number of the company
- Opening a company account and depositing company capital
- Preparation of company seal
- Open a bank account and deposit the company’s capital
- Register the company in the notary
- Submitting company documents to the tax office and receiving the tax code
- Submitting company documents to the Social Security Administration