Official Name: Republic of Colombia
Currency: Peso (COP)
- Consultation (in person, online, phone)
- Helping to prepare your documents
- Start to finish your company registration process
- Immigration services
Colombia is a republic. The country has high economic growth and its government follows global education. It is interesting to note that Colombia’s policies are based on welcoming foreign immigrants. The language in this country is fluent Spanish. So, you need to know this language to easily communicate with the people of Colombia.
Colombia is sparsely populated and most of its citizens live in Bogata. If you are planning to immigrate to Colombia, it is good to know that there are many ways to immigrate to this country, which you can use according to your needs.
Immigrating to Colombia through investment is one of the ways that the government welcomes it. Investment in trade and agriculture has the most support from the Colombian government. The trade in agricultural products is very important for this country and it has left it to foreigners. Therefore, agricultural and livestock products are the largest part of investment in this country. Applicants have also invested in manufacturing, building materials, cosmetics, automotive and more. In addition, investing in Colombia through the purchase of real estate and company registration is also a way to immigrate.
What is the most common type of company in Colombia?
Columbia Simplified stock companies (SAS), also introduced in late 2008, replaces other corporate structures in the country. Currently, more than 95% of new companies are formed using this type of structure in Colombia.
How long does it take to register a company in Colombia?
Complete process 4 months
How much capital does the company need?
What is the corporate income tax in Colombia?
How much is the VAT on goods?
What is the corporate income tax in free trade zones in Colombia?
The benefits of company registration in Colombia
- Register a company with a shareholder, a director of any nationality
Minimum required capital ($ 1)
- There is no need for a director or shareholder in Colombia to complete the company registration process.
- Colombia’s large market of 47 million people and product sales opportunities
- The third largest population in Latin America
- The fourth largest economy in Latin America after Brazil, Mexico and Argentina
- Having 5 commercial highways of Cali, Barranquilla, Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- GDP growth of 4.6% in 2014
- Having trade agreements with major countries in the world such as the United States, Canada, Mexico and the European Union
- The third largest free economy in Central and South America
- Having free trade zones with 15% tax
The disadvantage of company registration in Colombia
- The appointment of a local representative is mandatory for foreign companies.
- Registering a company in Colombia is time consuming and complicated.
- Getting electricity for foreign companies is costly ($ 35,000) and time consuming (4 months).
- Colombia’s judicial system is weak and inefficient, and litigation can take up to three years.
- Communication problems between investors and the public and government employees. Most people have difficulty speaking English.
- Ranked 96th corruption among 180 countries in the world
- To open a bank account you must be in Colombia with a valid visa and tax code.
Type of company registration
- Limited liability companies (LTDA)
- Simplified stock companies (SAS)
- Corporations (SA)
- Foreign Branches
- Trade Zone Company
The company registration process
- Submit a company registration application
- Specify a name and get confirmation
- Preparation and regulation of the company’s articles of association (RUES), including the approved name, type of company, goals and activities of the company, names of shareholders and the amount of shares, names of managers, company address
- Presenting an economic business plan
- Complete the company registration forms announced in COMERCIO.
- Payment of legal fees for company registration (7% of company capital + COP $ 40,000 additional fees)
- Complete the Pre-RUT form on DIAN’s website under the heading ‘solicitud inscripción RUT- Tipo inscripción – Cámara de Comercio’
- Opening a company account in a private Colombian bank
- Register the company in DIAN office and obtain the tax code
- Registration of company in the Social Security Office for personnel
- The following valid documents to submit to the Immigration Office for an investment visa:
Valid passport with minimum 2 years
Certificate of good conduct
CV of applicants
Last educational certificate
Valid Spanish language certificate
2 pieces of passport photo
Certificate of financial ability
If you have a companion, you must provide identification documents for all people and a marriage certificate.