Official Name: The Democratic Republic of the Congo
Congolese franc (CDF)
- Consultation (in person, online, phone)
- Helping to prepare your documents
- Start to finish your company registration process
- Immigration services
The Democratic Republic of the Congo, with a population of about 92 million and an area of 2,344,885 square kilometers, is located in central Africa.
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is the second largest country in Africa and the 11th largest country in the world. It is known as the most populous country whose official language is French.
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is bordered to the south by South Sudan and Central Africa, to the east by Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania, to the south by Angola and Zambia, and to the west by the Republic of the Congo. In the west of the country, the Atlantic coast is only 40 km long, along the 900 km mouth of the Congo River.
Its exports include diamonds, copper, crude oil, coffee and cobalt, which are exported to Belgium, China, Brazil, Chile, Finland and the United States.
Its imports include food, drilling machinery and other machinery, transportation equipment and fuel imported from South Africa, Belgium, France, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Kenya and Ivory Coast.
What is the best type of company for all products and services to operate?
Limited Liability Company (SARL)
How much is a corporate tax in the Democratic Republic of the Congo?
How much is VAT in the Democratic Republic of the Congo?
How much does it cost to register a company in the Democratic Republic of the Congo?
$ 13600 USD
What is the minimum capital required to register a company?
$ 1 USD
Do company executives should travel to the Democratic Republic of the Congo to complete the company registration?
How long does it take to register a company?
Is it necessary to have an office physically to register a company?
The benefit of company registration in Congo
- Democratic government incentives for foreign investors such as tax exemption for 5 years, exemption from customs duties on imports of equipment, machinery and raw materials.
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo has a lot of unused minerals, which in turn has created many opportunities for investors.
- Opportunity to invest in the electricity generation industry.
The disadvantage of company registration in Congo
- Registering a company in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is a complex and time-consuming process.
- High corporate income tax.
- Restriction of foreign investors in the agricultural sector (51% of shares must belong to the local partner).
- Extensive bureaucracy and corruption of government officials.
- Negative ranking 117 in terms of economic freedom in the world.
- Insufficient security for foreigners.
Type of company registration
Limited Liability Company (SOCIÉTÉ À RESPONSABILITÉ LIMITÉE – SARL) (LTD)
Public Limited Company (SOCIÉTÉ ANONYME) (SA)
Simplified Joint Stock Company (SOCIÉTÉ PAR ACTIONS SIMPLIFIÉES) (SAS)
Non-Registered Company (SOCIÉTÉ EN PARTICIPATION)
Company Created de Facto and de Facto Company
The company registration process
- Application for registration of a company in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Specify 3 names for the company and get the approval of one name
- Preparation and adjustment of the company’s articles of association with the specifications of the approved name, type of company, goals of the company, names of shareholders and amount of shares, names of managers, address and telephone number of the company.
- Company registration
- Opening a bank account and transferring the company’s capital to a bank account
- Preparation of company seal
- Publication of company information in the domestic newspapers of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Register the company in the tax office and receive a special code
- Registration of the company in the social security office