Official Name: Laos
- Consultation (in person, online, phone)
- Helping to prepare your documents
- Start to finish your company registration process
- Immigration services
Laos, officially the Democratic Republic of Laos, is a country in Southeast Asia with its capital and largest city, Vientiane, on the Mekong River. Laos is a one-party socialist republic. It shares borders with Myanmar to the northwest, China to the north, Vietnam to the northeast and southeast, Cambodia to the south, and Thailand to the southwest and west. Laos is one of the poorest countries in Asia and one of the few countries in the world ruled by a communist regime. It was a French colony for a short time and gained its independence in 1949.
The country’s GDP is $ 12.61 billion. Two million and 100 thousand people make up the labor force of this country. 80% of this workforce is employed in the agricultural sector. The unemployment rate in this country is 2.4 percent. More than 30 percent of the country’s population lives below the poverty line. In 2007, the country’s inflation rate was five percent.
Its exports include timber and wood, coffee, electricity, tin, copper and gold, which are exported to Thailand (42.1%), Vietnam (9.5%) and China (4%).
Its imports include machinery and equipment, vehicles, fuel and consumer goods, imported from Thailand (68.8%), China (11.3%) and Vietnam (5.6%).
How long does it take to register a company in Laos?
At least 4 months
No. You can register through an agent.
There are more than 10 free zones in Laos.
The benefits of company registration in
- Company registration with a shareholder and a manager of any nationality
- You do not need to travel to Laos to register a company.
- Government support for investors in the mining of copper, gold and silver
- Strategic position between Vietnam, China, Thailand and Cambodia
- Cheap labor with a monthly salary of $ 80
- Easy access to the East Asian 1,500 million market
- Existence more than 10 free economic zones with high government incentives such as tax cuts and exemption from customs duties on product exports
- Customs exemption or reduction of trade tariffs on Laos products to the European Union and Japan
- Lack of barriers to the export of goods
- Easy hiring of skilled foreign workers in Laos
- Tax cuts and long investment periods
- Quick approval of projects in less than 2 months
The disadvantage of company registration in
- It takes at least 4 months to register a company in Laos and open a bank account due to administrative processes and the need to obtain various licenses.
- The minimum capital required for the company is $ 1, but for foreigners at least $ 125,000 is required.
- Some investments are not possible for foreigners or very important restrictions are imposed.
- All company documents must be translated into Local Lao, which increases the cost of registering a company.
- Laos is the second strictest country in Asia in terms of company registration.
- Laos is a underdeveloped country with a population of 7 million and low GDP.
- Poor communication with foreign markets due to lack of good roads and railways
- Laos is the third most corrupt country in Southeast Asia.
- Few people in Laos speak English. For this reason, investors and people and officials can not easily communicate.
- Laos is landlocked and Laos relies heavily on its neighbors
- Lack of proper road network and skilled manpower
Type of company registration
- Limited Company
- Shelf Company
- Sez Company
- Foreign Branches
The company registration process
- Submit company registration in Laos
- Specify the company name and get the name confirmation
- Preparation and preparation of the company’s articles of association with complete information
- Registration of articles of association
- Preparing the seal of the company and registering it
Opening a bank account and depositing the company’s capital
- Register the company in the tax office and get the tax code for the company
- Company registration for VAT.
- Applying for a residence visa for the directors and shareholders of the company