Official Name: Mozambique
- Consultation (in person, online, phone)
- Helping to prepare your documents
- Start to finish your company registration process
- Immigration services
Mozambique is a country of 32 million people with an area of 801590 square kilometers located in South Africa. It is bordered to the north by Tanzania, to the northwest by Malawi and Zambia, to the west by Zimbabwe, and to the southwest by Swaziland and South Africa. To the east of the country is the Indian Ocean.
About 70% of the labor force is engaged in agriculture. Two-thirds of Mozambique’s labor force earns less than $ 2 a day.
Mozambique exports include aluminum, shrimp, cashews, cotton, sugar, citrus and timber, which are exported to the Netherlands, South Africa and Zimbabwe. Its imported products include machinery and equipment, vehicles, chemicals, hardware, food and textiles, which are imported from South Africa, the Netherlands and Portugal.
What is the best type of company to operate?
Limited Liability Company (LDA)
How much is a corporate tax in Mozambique?
How much is VAT in Mozambique?
How much does it cost to register a company in Mozambique?
$ 21000 USD
What is the minimum capital required to register a company?
$ 1 USD
Do company executives should travel to Mozambique to complete the company registration?
How long does it take to register a company?
Is it necessary to have an office physically to register a company?
The benefit of company registration in Mozambique
- Company registration in Mozambique can be done with one shareholder and one manager.
- The minimum capital required to register a company is one dollar.
- Investors can operate in most areas in Mozambique.
- Investors and executives do not need to travel to Mozambique to register a company and complete the process.
- Mozambique has the world’s fourth largest gas reserves.
- Mozambique is one of the largest exporters of coal in the world.
- Mozambique exports are tax-exempt.
- Investing in Mozambique’s free and special economic zones enjoys exemption from duties and VAT.
- There are many foreign investment opportunities in the oil and gas industry and related industries, tourism industry, mining and refining equipment, maintenance services and machinery, automation equipment.
The disadvantage of company registration in Mozambique
- Tax rates in Mozambique are high, rising to 42% in some areas.
- Administrative bureaucracy and bribery
- It will be difficult for investors to communicate with the people and the authorities because the people speak Portuguese.
- Mozambique is the 12th most corrupt country in the world.
- Poor infrastructure facilities
- The return of capital and profits of the company will be possible with the permission of the Central Bank and provided that foreign currency is available.
Type of company registration
Limited Liability Company (LLC/LDA)
Public Limited Company (SA)
The company registration process
- Submit company registration request
- Determining the name and obtaining the name confirmation from the Companies Registration Organization
- Preparation and regulation of the company’s articles of association, including the name, type of company, goals of the company, names of shareholders and the amount of shares, names of company managers, address and telephone number of the company
- Opening a bank account for the company and depositing the initial capital of the company
- Preparation of company seal
- Company registration
- Publication of company registration in Morocco in domestic newspapers
- File with the tax office and receive a tax code
- File a case with the Social Security Administration
- Get licenses for specific activities