Official Name: Senegal
West African CFA franc
- Consultation (in person, online, phone)
- Helping to prepare your documents
- Start to finish your company registration process
- Immigration services
The Republic of Senegal, with a population of about 17 million and an area of 196,190 square kilometers, is a country in West Africa, bordered by Mauritania to the north, Mali to the east, and Guinea-Bissau to the south. To the west of the country is the Atlantic Ocean. The Gambia is located almost within Senegal.
The north and northeast of the country is semi-desert due to its proximity to the Sahara Desert and has a hot and dry climate. Southwest Senegal also has forested areas and its climate is hot and humid.
Unemployment is reported at 48 percent and 54 percent of the population lives below the poverty line.
Its exports include fish, peanuts, oil, phosphate and cotton, which are exported to Mali, France, India, the Gambia, Spain and Italy.
The country imports food and beverages, basic goods and fuel from France, Britain, Thailand, China and Spain.
What is the best type of company for all products and services to operate?
Tax Resident Company (LLC)
How much is a corporate tax in Senegal?
How much is VAT in Senegal?
How much does it cost to register a company in Senegal?
$ 15000 USD
What is the minimum capital required to register a company?
$ 50 USD
Do company executives should travel to Senegal to complete the company registration?
How long does it take to register a company?
Is it necessary to have an office physically to register a company?
The benefit of company registration in Senegal
- Registration of a limited liability company can be done with one shareholder and one manager of any nationality.
- Managers and shareholders do not need to stay in Senegal.
- No minimum capital required to register a company.
- The cost of setting up a company in Senegal is low.
- Cheap manpower and cheap office rent are attractive to investors.
- Suitable infrastructure for exporting the product to neighboring countries by road, rail, sea and air.
- Senegal is a secure country with a stable political democracy.
- Government incentives for foreign companies, such as exemption from import duties on the company’s equipment and machinery.
The disadvantage of company registration in Senegal
- Corporate income tax is high in Senegal.
- All company registration documents must be translated into French.
- Bureaucracy and widespread corruption in the Senegalese government
Type of company registration
Limited Liability Company (LLC)
S.A. Company or Anonymous Company
Economic interest group (G.I.E)
The Individual Company
Company in Collective Name (SNC)
Limited Partnership (SCS)
The company registration process
- Apply for company registration
- Specify multiple unique names for the company and approve one name for the company
- Preparing and adjusting the company’s articles of association with the specifications of the approved name, type of company, company goals, names of shareholders and amount of shares, names of managers, determining the type of company, company goals, address and telephone number of the company.
- Company registration in the Companies Registration Office
- Opening a bank account and transferring the company’s capital to a bank account
- Preparation of company seal
- Register the company in the tax office and obtain a special code
- Registration of the company in the social security office for personnel