Official Name: People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria
Algerian dinar (DZD)
- Consultation (in person, online, phone)
- Helping to prepare your documents
- Start to finish your company registration process
- Immigration services
Algeria is bordered by Tunisia to the north, Libya to the east, Niger to the southeast and Mali to the southwest. The desert covers more than four-fifths of the country’s territory. The north of Algeria is covered with coastal hill plains. The country has a hot and dry climate, and in general Algeria has wet and mild winters and hot and dry summers. Forest land in Algeria is estimated at 4.2 million hectares in total, of which about 75% is state-owned. The mountain slopes are covered by dense forests and are an important economic part of Algeria. Algeria’s oil resources are managed by France. Algeria’s GDP from construction is estimated at $ 2117.40 billion.
Algeria is a rich country in terms of natural resources, and also ranks fourth in the world in this regard after Russia, Iran and the United States. Algeria is the third largest oil producer in Africa after Libya and Nigeria.
Algeria’s economy is mostly based on oil and gas and mineral products. Agriculture is the largest part of Algeria’s economy.
Algerian imports include basic goods, foodstuffs and consumer goods, and oil, gas and petrochemical products are among the exports. Algeria is projected to grow by 12% in 2020, which could put Algeria on the list of desirable countries for investment.
What is the minimum time to register a company?
1 month as fast and 5 months to complete all documents.
What is the total cost of registering a company?
$ 12,450 USD
What is the minimum capital of the company at the time of establishment?
$ 1,000 USD
Do we have to rent or purchase an office to register a company or can we have an office virtually?
Having a physical office is a requirement for registering a company, and you must provide a lease or office document along with other documents to register the company.
How much is the corporate income tax in Algeria?
How many countries can you travel to without a visa if you have Algerian citizenship?
The benefit of company registration in Algeria
- It can be registered with one director and one shareholder.
The required capital is $ 1,000 USD.
- You do not need to travel to Algeria to register a company and open a bank account.
- Government support to eliminate the minimum capital required by the company.
- Algeria is the largest gas producer in Africa and the third largest in the world.
- Algeria, with a population of 42 million, is the 32nd most populous country in the world with a good market for products.
The disadvantage of company registration in Algeria
- Foreign companies cannot own 100% of a company in Algeria, and the need for an Algerian partner with a minimum of 51% is minimal.
- Physical office is part of the company registration requirements.
- The official language of Algeria is Arabic, and company documents must be translated into Arabic and French, which increases the cost of registering a company.
- Problem communicating with government employees and officials in English.
- Foreign branches are not allowed in Algeria, they can only set up a representative office.
- Excessive bureaucracy and corruption and inefficiency of government laws to protect foreign companies.
- Having a tax of 19% for productive activities, 26% for other commercial activities.
- Reduction of customs duties only between 19 African countries and Algeria.
Type of company registration
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Partnership Company
- Limited Shares Company
- Representative office
The company registration process
- Willingness to apply for company registration to the Algerian National Trade Registration Center.
- Specify 4 names for the company and get confirmation of one name
- Complete company registration forms.
- Preparation and adjustment of the company’s articles of association, including the approved name, the names of the shareholders and the amount of shares, the names of the directors, the company address, the contact telephone number).
- Registration of documents in the Trade Registry.
- Opening a bank account and depositing the company’s capital and submitting deposit documents to the company registration office.
- Publication of the summary of the company’s articles of association in the official bulletin of the national trade register and the national newspaper.
- File with the tax office and receive a tax code and a magnetic card for the return.
- File with the National Social Insurance Fund for staff.